Lunes, Nobyembre 9, 2009

ARE you HAPPY?


Now that’s a question.
Are you happy?
Are you?
I just watched the movie “Shortcut to Happiness”, not that great movie, but the moral in it is great. The movie would tell you that getting happiness has many forms; you may be successful but not happy, paid high but not happy, the king but still not happy.
In my opinion happiness is contentment in life.
Some people are not content with the pay they get, the reason why they try to look for greener pasture. Which is mostly (for Filipino) located in other countries. Middle East may be dry, but sure the pasture there is very much green.
But still I have seen people still not happy with what they have even though are already earning so much. 3 storey house, 41 inch plasma TV, complete home theater, top of the line desktop computer, and yet not happy of what they have. It is because they are not content of what they have, they want more.
Me, I’m happy eating 3 times a day, playing with my children, being able to play Magic the Gathering from time to time (with my consent of course). I’m ok with that. I’m already content with that.
Have you ever been to Tondo, or the Payatas? People there are starving. They eat only once a day, every children works. But there are still happy, not pretty much of a complain. I’ve been there, so I would know.

Happiness is how content you are right now. - dmax

Walang komento: