Martes, Mayo 25, 2010

Open The Vaults.deck

After 3 months of Magic hibernation, and much internet browsing ~ I decided to return playing magic but now with different deck. With no love from my previous Valakut deck, I shifted to more control type of deck. And due to monetary constraints I build an Open the Vaults (OTV) deck.
First week of May with 3k php cash, I got the core pieces of the deck, then for another 1k php I bought some sideboard cards, sleeves and other peripherals.
Then the following week tried in on local tourney, with my ignorance of my own deck coupled with meta ignorance, I lost almost all my matches, only winning to a vamp deck due to him unable to draw mana. Ended up 1-4.  Then the following week with a little tweak I played it on another local FNM, with different meta from previous tourney, (from aggro to control deck) I failed losing all my matches.
Then following day was Regionals, without no other deck to play I played with my OTV. But know I know the deck better than before. Ended up 2 - 4 – 2, playing all 8 rounds, learned so much here specially my playing threshold. I could only play like 4-5 rounds.
Will continue to play this deck until shards rotate out, I like now playing control. 
Final version after Regionals. Regional deck i played was like below only no oblivion ring, instead i used into the roil. also sculler instead of duress, and pithing instead of hexmage.
Main
62
creatures
24
glassdust hulk
4
sphinx of lost truths
4
Pilgrim's Eye
4
Architects of Will
3
Sharuum the Hegemon
2
Fillagree Angel
2
Wall of Omens
4
Sphinx of the Steel Wind
1
Spells
16
Day of Judgement
3
Open the Vaults
3
Oblivion Ring
3
Path to Exile
3
Jace 1.0
1
Spreding Seas
3
lands
22
Fieldmist Borderpost
2
Mistvein Borderpost
2
terra morphic
2
evolving
2
swamps
2
plains
4
islands
6
marsh flats
2
Side Board
15
Hexmage
3
Duress
3
celestial purge
3
Zealous Persecution
2
negate
4

Walang komento: